Saturday, August 28, 2010

Nivi - Contemporary style sculpted handforged Sterling Silver Hoops Earrings. Organic Jewelry by Arctida

This week EST challenge's theme is "Antarctida" hosted by LAccentNou.

Being “Arctida” off course I had to participate! We are talking about “my” twin sister here :) I decided to make something simple, cold yet beautiful, just like all that ice and snow in Antarctica… So here come my "Nivi"- silver hoops earrings with ruffled look which remind me the way icebergs, glaciers and snow-covered mountains reflect in the cold icy water.

Do you want to make a pair of hoops like this your self? Here is my tutorial for Ruffled Hoops earrings!


-->This beautiful shot by Rita Willaert was one of the inspiration sources for this challenge.

The Latin word “Nivi” has its origin in the word “Nix” meaning snow. I thought it would be perfect for these earrings :)

4 comments:

Yulia Kazansky said...

Wow! Very beautiful and original earrings! Well done, Arctida!

Katrinshine said...

Very simple and beautiful!

ViSart-DaLi Claying Mama said...

very interesting design!

Kattis said...

SO AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!
The first thing i thaught about when I saw these earrings was "Ice" and "winter".! Very pretty! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...