Sunday, December 15, 2019

Hydroponic Radishes - my first experience with growing radishes in hydroponic system

My first hydroponic radish experiment. There is no soil in there, only LECA pebbles to support the plants and hydroponic solution to provide nutrients and water. The radishes are 5 weeks old and there are several of them ready to be harvested. As it is winter here and we have almost no sun I used LED lamps.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B52EhEAHtFf/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B52EhEAHtFf/

5 comments:

Natalya said...

I read about this method in science fiction books

Nathalie said...

I didn't know led lamps were enough. Are they a special type? Anyway, that is a very cool skill to have to be able to grow food!

Arctida said...

I use both regular LED that you would buy for your house lamps and special LED grow lights depending on the plant needs. If its a plant that produces fruits and vegetables I use special full spectrum LED lights but for the house plants and green leaf vegetables, regular house lamp LEDs are enough.

StaroftheEast said...

Well those look successful!!

Print Cut Hang said...


Interesting. I can't grow parsley in the house either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...